Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cinco de Mayo

New normal? Cinco de Mayo hasn't really been the same in a few years. 3 years ago I was diagnosed, 2 years ago I was having Scarlett reversed, last year I had the hip/spine issue and this year - normal!
Not too much to share tonight. I spent Thursday at Mom and Dad's house working to get some things out to their curb for their bulk garbage pick up. The kids had their cooking club - Ellie made tomato soup and Nick made brushetta.
Friday I worked with Mom on some organizing projects. We got quite a bit done. I went with the kids to the library in the evening. We had dinner at home and we watched a movie.
Yesterday we spent most of the day outside. I have spotted smaller rats in the yard and have called the village to report them. We took advantage of the weather and really cleaned up. We got all the leaves out of the corners, all the toys into bins (or into the garbage), we burned all the wood pieces Rob had around. We cleaned out the shed and Rob mowed the lawn. The kids and I ran over to school to register them for next year - hard to believe 1st and 6th grade! We took a nice walk to the park after we finished the yard. We went to Mariano's for dinner and gelato.
This morning we were the parents for Sunday school at church. It was pretty fun, the kids in our group went on a hunt for clues and we were outside to enjoy the weather. We came home and the kids worked on their homework. It was closet spring cleaning here today. Ellie and I spent a couple hours in her room trying on clothes to weed out what doesn't fit her anymore and getting her drawers switched to summer. I then did the same with Nick. We ended up with a huge bag for Salvation and 2 bags to pass along to friends. Rob did his own weeding as I was doing the kids. Rob was a good sport and climbed up to clean all the ceiling fan blades and then I changes all our linens. We went to Mom and Dad's for family Sunday. We were celebrating Cindo de Mayo, Mother's Day, Grandpa GG's and Ole's birthdays. It was a fun time with a Mexican theme dinner. Mom made a vegan flan that tasted pretty good. We came home and the kids played for a bit before we headed up to read.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Donde esta el 8 de mayo? Thanks for a nice evening...good dinner...good fun! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete