Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wacky, Weird, Wednesday

Monday I began my morning at Unique but left with nothing. I did have some success at the Dollar store. I stopped into Salvation, haven't been there in forever. I was able to find some of the items I was looking for. My summer, short sleeve shirts have seen better days and I wanted to replace some of them. I ended up finding Ellie a Patagonia winter jacket for $5.00. I did a quick run into Aldi to pick up fruit for the week. It was so hot that the air conditioning had to go on in the house. After the kids came home we went to the library to keep cool.
Tuesday I ran to Mariano's before I volunteered. I was able to stock up on some favorites that were on sale. Volunteering was pretty quick, I put together the end of the year goodie bags. Mom picked me up and we went to Kohl's. Mom got each of the kids a treat - Nick swim shorts & a t-shirt and Ellie a maxi dress and jeans, I even found a shirt. The kids came home and played inside. We had an early dinner because it was Ellie's concert. She did a great job with the band. The concert was a bit lengthy and Nick did a great job, too, because that was his second time seeing it yesterday.
Today it rained pretty much all day and I decided to attack the second floor. I started in our room, which is the piling place for all outgrown clothes, toys, shoes, and anything else that doesn't belong. I filled a bag for Salvation of outgrown clothing. I dusted the dressers, cleaned the hepa, cleaned the windows, vacuumed under the bed. I washed everything that was out and not in a drawer because of the amount of dust. I did 4 loads of laundry, still more to do tomorrow. I moved onto the bathroom. Washed the floor, organized the medicine cabinet, organized and thinned Nick's bath toys, and washed all the towels. I did a quick clean up in Nick's room and vacuumed his hepa, floor, and his train table. Put away his books and toys. Ellie's room was last and I just really had to throw the garbage into the garbage can. I did vacuum her back door of all the spider webs and dust so we can use that for fresh air now. My final cleaning project was Rob's closet/dresser. I folded and rearranged his clothes so they all fit nicely. Mom and Dad came over and we had dinner. They watched Nick when we went to school with Ellie for middle school night. Ellie has to prioritize her elective choices for next year. The parents got to hear a presentation on internet safety while the kids went to play. Hard to believe ... middle school.
Feeling really great about the upstairs and how nothing is stashed where it shouldn't be. Hope you have a lovely long weekend, I am taking advantage of that and will post again next week. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment