Sunday, May 20, 2012

Seems like forever

The last few days seem to have been long. Rob and Dean went up to Michigan for the weekend to clean and prep the cottage for the summer. They painted a bedroom, vacuumed up all the bugs and dusted. The kids and I rummaged and hit garage sales.
Thursday, Nick helped my make some treats for miller time with the ladies. It was a nice time with the ladies - good fun and conversation. Friday morning Nick came with me to PT and then we went home to get Ellie - she had a half day. We ate lunch and went to search out bargains - sadly, there weren't many. The kids played outside and went in the sprinkler.
Saturday morning we hit a couple sales and had more success. We picked up about a dozen costumes for Halloween/dress-up box. We found a bag of lego train pieces and picked Ellie up a black skirt for her band concert this week. The heat didn't bother the kids and they played in the sprinkler and in the yard. We went to the festival of culture at the park. The kids got their bags of freebies and got to learn about 39 countries. We had dinner and went for a bike ride/walk.
This morning we hung around the house and cleaned up the basement. I worked to try to re-gain control of the dining room table and clean up all the castle project. Rob got home early and went to the park with us. It was too hot to really be outside but that didn't bother the kids. I did some gardening while kids played in the sprinkler. Ellie and I went to the library to get some new books. Ellie made fruit kabobs for dinner at mom's house.
We went over for dinner at Mom and Dad's house. Mom had made mac and cheese, asparagus and salad. Ellie helped her with a chocolate strawberry dessert. The kids played in the yard for a bit before we came home. Major need for bath/shower after the heat today. Rob did some puzzles with Nick while Ellie and I started a new book.
I am not sure what I did but I did something to my hip again and I am having some stabbing pain. I see the bone/joint doctor this week - it will be interesting to see what she says. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the hip...hopefully you'll get some useful info this week! Thanks for your help today...Ellie, too! You had a very productive, fun weekend...amazing what you can do once the big classroom (castle) project is finished! Love ya, sweetie...hoping you get some relief! Mom

    ReplyDelete