Wednesday, May 9, 2012

It is getting busy

It is like the calendar turned to May and everything is suddenly busy and on fast forward. I went for my PT eval on Monday. Good news is I will know in 4 weeks if this cured the neuropathy in my feet. I get 30 minutes of infared light panels applied to my feet and legs with some e-stim on my knees. I then do about 45 minutes of therapy exercises. I started on Monday and I go 3 times a week. Monday night we had swimming lessons. Nick had a double to make up for his missed lesson last week. Ellie did great in her new level and is getting some more courage to try diving.
This is Nick's last week of preschool. I took him to school Tuesday and did grocery shopping while he was there. I picked him up and we came home. Christi came over for coffee and to catch up. It was Ellie's last jewelry club after school. I went to see my regular doctor Tuesday night to get a referral for PT for my hips and back. He agreed that PT would be beneficial and he also referred me to a bone & joint doctor. I was able to schedule all those appointments this morning.
Nick had a trike-a-thon benefiting St. Jude this morning at school. He rode his bike for 90 minutes and then wanted to come home to ride it more. We went to the library to check out some new books and then over to Mom and Dad's. We had lunch and then I took Tony to school while Mom and dad watched Nick so I could go to PT. Mom and Dad came over for dinner - I made vegan alfredo sauce - it turned out pretty good. The kids loved playing outside after school.
I haven't noticed any major changes to my feet yet...but I am hoping. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Dinner was wonderful...the alfredo sauce was perfect! I'm really focused on all of these treatments giving you not just relief, but also restoring some tissue and joints back to being pain free. Yes, May is always busy, but it looks like June will be a challenge as well! We love you sweetie...glad we can be of help to you as you start this PT schedule...you know we are always here for you! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete