Monday, May 28, 2012

Opening Weekend

Highlight post because there are too may days to go through.
I saw Dr. Schiff last week (the bone rehab doctor). She doesn't think there really is a tear in my hip cartilage and doesn't want me to go through another mri to clarify. Basically, she is calling it coccydemia. It is pain in the coccyx or sacrum. I will start up physical therapy this coming week for it. I am also trying ibuprofen treatments - 600mg twice per day and then heat in the evening and cold in the morning.
Friday morning I got to visit with an old friend, Lee. She was in town for a couple days and we got to see each other and catch up for a couple hours. As soon and Ellie and Rob got home from school we were off to Michigan. It was great to open up and get things ready for the summer. The kids loved their Christmas present - an air hockey game table for the basement. We also got bean bags for the basement - changing of the guard...fisher price gaming to more age appropriate gaming. Nick and Ellie spotted a pirate ship out on the lake and Nick was sure it was from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and sure enough the ship shot off some sort of cannonball.
The roof is about halfway complete now - just the back side and garage to finish up. I had hemmed the drapes Mom helped me make a couple years ago into valances last week and they look great hanging up. We got all the beds made and made a trip to the soda bar.
Saturday we went thrift shopping. Spent some time at the beach and watched a couple movies. It rained a portion of Saturday and thankfully, it didn't leak inside. Sunday, we divided and conquered. I went to try to find lights and fans while Rob took the kids to play tennis. I found a light for the bathroom upstairs and a ceiling fan...Rob found 4 wicker chairs by the dumpster. Rob and Ellie switched out the light fixtures while Nick and I returned out movies. We spent a couple hours on the beach in the afternoon but it was so hot and the water was so cold we couldn't handle it too long.
Today we cleaned up and Rob took the kids down to the beach. I got all the measurements for the windows and things we need bring up next weekend. The ride home was great - almost no traffic through the city. The kids played outside in the sprinkler, Rob cut down some branches and I got the garden watered and weeded. It was a nice weekend - wish it didn't get so hot. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. You didn't tell me you got to see Lee. So happy you got the chance to visit! Bring your machine tomorrow...come early and have lunch. Missed you guys this weekend...we need some Ellie time, too! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete