Sunday, April 15, 2012

Happy Rainy Spring

I forgot to blog on Friday and when I remembered Saturday I thought I would just wait until today. Highlights from the last week...
Monday night swimming lessons - Nick passed the level 2 test and is now in level 3. Ellie is swimming nicely in level 5.
Tuesday night we went to school to Family Reading Night. We got to hear a few stories and learn about a few cultures and their immigration to the US. The kids got to pick a book to take home with them.
Wednesday night we had Millietime. We haven't been together in months. We had some very nice eats and it was good catching up.
I decided to call the phone company about our home service because we are paying way too much. I was told that the only real way to discount our service would be to cancel our current call and begin service under my name as primary. This sounded goofy and complex but I went along because she cut the bill in half. Our phone and internet was turned off Wednesday, it was re-connected by Wednesday afternoon but internet didn't come back on until later in the week. Long story short...what the agent did is against company policy and shouldn't have been done that way. We still don't have our regular phone number back yet - here is hoping it all works.
Saturday morning I dropped Ellie off for a dance clinic at the high school. I stopped by a rummage sale on the way home and ran into Jo, Tony & Matteo. I ended up bringing Tony home to play for a little bit. We all went to pick Ellie up and to see her recital - it was cute. We had lunch and then we dropped Tony off and Rob went to work. It was International night at school and Rob works it but the kids and I go to watch the dancing and eat all the food. It was a nice evening and much to my amazement the kids tried some new foods and liked them.
Today we hit a matinee and saw Mirror Mirror. It was a fun movie - providing laughs and an afternoon of dancing. We came home and cleaned up around here. I had a laundry crisis this week. I didn't realize that I left a load in the washer and needed to re-wash it and then when I went to put it in the dryer...there was a moist load in there. I guess I never started the dryer and I had to re-wash that load too. Anyway, I think I am up to about 10 loads this weekend. Ellie and I started working on the Cinderella Castle. We have the bottom layer walls done and we stopped before we placed the turrets. We played outside with the neighbors for a bit before heading to Mom and Dad's for dinner. We ordered Chinese food - which pleased Nick. We ate dinner and had some cake and strawberries for dessert before coming home. Ellie helped me put laundry away while Nick took a bath. We watched some tv before heading up to read.
We got the kids tucked in just minutes before the thunder and lightening started and we had to re-tuck them in. I've been feeling good. I have some hip pain that hasn't been there before. I am not sure if I did something or if it is the weather - either way, a bit annoying. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment