Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

I hope everyone had a lovely Easter or Passover. It was a beautiful day (a bit cool but sunny). We had church early and then came back and got the house ready. I had the food prepared, I just needed to pop it into the oven to bake. UB was the first here and we got to visit with him until everyone else arrived. We had a nice spread of food that everyone seemed to enjoy. The kids were fun. It was laid back, Mom and Dad, Jo, Ole, the GGs, UB & Dean (Carrie stopped in for a bit on her way to her sister's). We did the egg hunt in front so the gross tree sticky sap didn't get anyone dirty. I don't recall an Easter where everything was put away and everyone was gone by 4:15...it was sort of nice. We were able to have an easy night. Nick took a bath because he played hard outside today. Ellie watched Cake Boss and chilled out. We had lunch re-heats and then got the kids up to bed.
Yesterday we began with an Easter egg hunt at a local church. It was very nice and free. The kids were divided into age groups and had their own space to search for eggs and it was staggered starts so we were able to watch Nick and Ellie hunt. They had games, coloring and tattoos for the kids. We came home and I went grocery shopping and then came back and did the food prep for today. The kids played outside and enjoyed the weather. I had plans in the evening with 2 friends I grew up with, Laura and Dena. We met for dinner and caught up - very fun remembering and laughing. Rob took the kids to mini golf and ice cream treats.
Friday the kids and Rob were off of school. John's daughter, Natalie, came over for a visit with Ellie. We went out to Al's for lunch - the last of the pepper and egg sandwiches. We made play-doh, the girls did some wii, played some games and made shrinky-dinks. It was great to be able to get the visit in before Natalie had to go back home. We were able to play outside in the afternoon and enjoy the sunshine. I took the kids to Toys R Us. Nick had found some money under a bench and wanted to spend it on a train. Nick picked out a couple trains and Ellie got a lego set. I made some pasta for dinner and that was it.
I cannot recall Thursday - too much has happened since then. I have been feeling pretty good. Small aches and pains - here and there. My feet are the same as always, my knees hurt after standing up all day today. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Today was lovely, Theresa. I'm tired, too, but it's that good kind of tired. So, Pinterest paid off in terms of some new recipes. Thanks, again...Happy Easter. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete