Thursday, February 16, 2012

The new normal?

Could it be that life is just so "normal" right now that I have neglected to blog twice in a week - in a row? I suppose this could be a positive thing.
I can't even say that I have been very busy. Monday, Nick and I headed out to the Naperville area. I had a couple missions in mind. We went to Crate and Barrel outlet to look for fabric to slip cover a couple pillow for the back room - mission accomplished. We stopped into Land of Nod - I thought I might find some baskets or boxes for the backroom but no luck. I did pick up a couple pillowcases on extreme clearance. We did a grocery shop at the big Meijer out there. The problem no is I am envious of the bigger store because they carry a complete line of vegan options opposed to our local store that only has a handful. Monday night Ellie and Rob went to visit Dr. Gallai, our dentist.
Valentine's Day was laid back. The kids both had parties at school and got to bring treat bags. We had a nice dinner at home. I brought out real glassware to drink our sparkling pomegranate spritzers from and we dimmed the lights and ate by candlelight. We had family movie night on the back couch and we all fit. We watched Mr. Popper's Penguins - a very cute movie if you haven't seen it.
Wednesday morning I dropped Nick off at school and went to check out the new Goodwill in DesPlaines. Very clean store but the prices seem a bit higher than they would be at other stores. We went to get the oil changed in the car and they washed and super vacuumed the car out - loved that surprise. Nick and I did some shopping and came home to watch The Smurfs.
Mom and Dad came over for dinner and we all got to sit together on the big couch to watch the Middle.
Today I was able to find some great things at Whole Foods. There is a vegan food truck in Chicago but it only services downtown. I was able to find a handful of their items at Whole Foods so we sampled a gyros wrap, a chicken bacon wrap, BBQ shred and mac and cheese - all vegan! I picked Nick up and we went to Mom and Dad's for lunch. Jo, Tony and Matteo were there so the boys had some playtime. I had my baby fix. It was a beautiful day today - the sun was out and it wasn't too cold. We tried to make this cinnamon bread I found on Pinterest but it seemed to look better int eh picture than it tasted.
I made a pot of cream of chicken (garlic infused) soup to bring over to Christi's house. They have been struck by some germs and I thought that might help them get better. Rob is filming tonight so it is just me and the kiddos. They are outside playing and taking advantage of the nice weather. I am hoping we have been able to bypass the sicknesses going around. Ellie has had a runny nose and it turned into a cough yesterday but she seems better today.
With the new couch and mattress I cannot complain about aches because I think they were related to the old furniture. My feet seem to be acting up - I have tried to switch shoes to see if that helps out any. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. If this is your new normal, it's reminding me of your old normal. A powerhouse of energy, taking on project after project full steam ahead. The back room looks wonderful. Your vegan finds were delicious. The sweet potato tots are incredible. And today was a hoot! These boys are keeping me mentally afloat right now! Did Ellie finish Young Authors? I wanted to call her, but got sidetracked. Hopefully she'll keep ahead of this cold! Loe ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete