Sunday, February 19, 2012

Fun weekend

Another post where I don't have a bunch to say.
Even though it hasn't been very warm, the sun has been very bright and the kids have been able to play outside a bunch this weekend. I made a couple lasagnas today - I was only looking to make one but I had extra of everything so I made one to freeze. Ellie made a cookie fruit pizza this afternoon and decorated it in stripes.
We went to Mom and Dad's for dinner. We celebrated Mardi Gras - paella, lasagna, salads, fruit, sweet potato turnovers. Mini king cakes, cookie pizza and chocolate cupcakes for dessert. We all gathered in the living room to watch the end of Toy Story3. Ellie is spending the night at Mom and Dad's tonight - Nick is a bit jealous. Rob spent some time watching train videos with Nick to make up for it.
I tried to get our taxes started this morning. I have most everything I need but every year I run into something screwy.
We hung out at home yesterday morning - Rob was finishing up a job. We went to the library in the afternoon and got a bunch of books and a couple wii games. We did some alternating parent kid time. I took Ellie to Salvation to look for some jeans - the girl just keeps growing. I then took Nick to try to find him some shoes - he currently has a pair of crocs and a pair of boots that fit him. We watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and then got the kids to sleep.
Rob had a friend in from out of town this weekend - so he is running on a major sleep deprivation. Friday night, Rob worked and then went out with his friend. The kids and I ran all over the place. We went to Kohl's, I had 30% off and I thought we might be able to snag some jeans or shoes there - no luck. We went to Costco and we picked up a couple things we needed to replenish. We stopped in to VonMaur - nothing. We ended at Salvation for some tank tops and camisoles for Ellie.
I am feeling pretty good - need to get back on the wii kick. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment