Sunday, February 26, 2012

Lots of Running around

It seems like we were running around all weekend. I'll work my way backward. Today we started out at church. We came home for a bit after but were right back out the door to Niles West for a baseball/softball clinic. It was a hit with the kids (hahaha) - they both liked the various skills they learned. We came home and Nick and Ellie played, I got some laundry done and read the newspaper. I baked some pumpkin cream cheese cake and crumb cake muffins. We went to Mom and Dad's for dinner. Mom was experimenting with some recipes and they tasted nice. We came home and the kids went straight to the computer - favorite new thing is watching youtube videos of toy train crashes. We have been watching the Oscars but nothing too exciting there.
Yesterday, Rob took the kids with him up to a job. I took my friend to go pick out her wig. I can honestly say if you are ever in he market for a wig because you have lost your hair or will be losing your hair you should avoid 'Second Act' in Chicago. The owner lacked empathy and patience in what I am quite sure is a very difficult point in treatment. It made me realize how fortunate I was to have not lost my hair. Every wig had bangs - something I haven't had in about 20 years and it was a horrible mistake when I did it then. I came home and Rob and the kids walked in right after.
We had lunch and then I took Ellie for her check-in at the library. We took a family ride to get Rob some clamps for woodworking that were on sale. We hit a couple thrift stores and came home. The kids were both extremely moody and in need of a good night of sleep so we tucked them in early. Rob and I must have been in need of sleep, too. I fell asleep on the couch for a nap and Rob went up early.
Friday we woke up to the snow emergency alarm ringing. Odd because we didn't even have enough snow to cover the grass blades outside. I moved the car and we had breakfast. Nick and I ran to Wings - we were there on Thursday and I saw something and had thrift remorse for not grabbing it. I was able to pick up an American Girl palm tree hammock swing that has been retired since 2003 for Ellie and then to flip eventually. I found a box of trains while we were there and I told Nick they would be part of his birthday present.
We stopped by the Exploritorium to reserve Nick's birthday party. He was so well behaved the lady gave us a pass to go down and play. Nick had fun in the tunnels and is really looking forward to his party. We went to Mom and Dad's house for lunch. Nick and Dad oiled all the trains and cleaned them up - I guess we did good because Dad said some went back to the 1940s and the lot was probably worth a couple hundred dollars.
We came home and Nick played with his trains while I got things ready for Ellie. It was her first dance at the park district. Catherine and Ellie were going together and we were all excited. There were about 3 outfit changes - it was pretty cold out Friday and I thought she should wear pants but she wanted to wear a dress. I did the drop off, we picked up Catherine and took a couple pictures and then I walked them into the dance. It seemed well attended and all the kids seemed excited.
I came home and we had dinner and watched some netflix before Nick went up to bed. Ellie came home and was on cloud 9. They had a great time and are looking forward to the next one. I took Ellie up and tucked her in, we read for a bit to quiet her down.
I am feeling pretty good. Occasional ping of back pain. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

2 comments:

  1. Nice? The recipes tasted nice? I think the surprise brownies were a hit. I know I'll make the gnocci/chard dish again. What about Friday while the boys were fixing up Nick's train? I think that was some of the crazy fun you and I used to have in the old days! Guess I need to start my own blog to give people another glance at the truth! It was a nice weekend! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Father bonding experience with the kids on both saturday and sunday!!!! 5 Star father weekend for sure!!!!!

    ReplyDelete