Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I Can't Warm Up

Monday morning Nick and I went to get our teeth cleaned. Some might remember that Nick's last dental visit was something along the lines of the bankers trying to take Jane and Michael Banks' money in Mary Poppins. This visit was totally refreshing and normal. I explained to Nick that all incoming students to the school for the fall must have their teeth cleaned - I think it worked.
We stopped at Dominick's to get some things for dinner and cooking club. We went to visit Mom and Dad for a little bit and then came home. I got some veggie soup started with all the re-heat veggies in the fridge. Ellie came home and started homework. Catherine arrived and the girls finished their homework up. Catherine brought her guacamole for us to try and some veggie chili for me.
We made cocoa peppermint cookies and Nick helped me with some cinnamon rolls. Rob took Nick to the library to return some books and get some new ones. I made dinner and we had a nice time sharing our day. Christi came to pick Catherine up and checked out the progress in the backroom.
Tuesday morning I took Nick to school and did a Salvation run. Not too many finds - I did pick up a cool baking review notepad and some paper. I picked Nick up from school and we went to Hobby Lobby to pick up thread to match the fabric for the curtains for the backroom. We stopped and had lunch together, a lunch date is what Nick called it. We ran into the dollar store for Valentine items for the kids to take to school. We found pencils, pretzels and stickers.
We hit Meijers on the way home and lucked into winter accessory clearance. I got 3 packs of the stretchy gloves for $1.00. I stocked up because that is what I throw in with the giving tree donations at Christmas time. I picked Nick and Ellie up new snow gloves and hats. We came home and unloaded the car. I was able to paint a bit more of the trim in the backroom.
When Ellie got home she did her homework and then we went over to Mom's for dinner. We brought our soup, cinnamon rolls and fruit to share. Rob had to work at school and wasn't going to be home until late. The kids got to visit and play for a bit before we came home and got bedtime going.
Today was 90% off at one of my favorite thrift shops. Nick didn't have school so we ran up there before going to Mom's. I was able to pick up a bunch of neckties for a purse I want to make. I was also able to get a bunch of wool sweaters. We went to Mom's and we started on the curtains. We were able to get all the panels cut and a couple completed today.
Ellie came home from school wanting to go to the library. I had major laundry to put away - about 10 loads of laundry. I have been in denial. Both of the kids have had growth spurts and their dressers need to be gone through. I got all the clothing put away and Ellie helped me separate socks. I took the kids to the library. Ellie picked out a couple book, so did Nick. Nick played on the computer for a bit while Ellie was trying to find some new books.
We came home and the kids took their baths and I got dinner ready. We had re-heat night and I think we finished off most of the re-heats! We watched the Middle together and then went up to bed. I don't know if it is psycho-somatic or not but it seems our couch is far more uncomfortable this week than it has been. Rob is complaining about our bed, too.
Can't complain about anything right now - nothing really bothering me. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. I finished the headers on the remaining panels after you left. You might want to bring back the 2 panels we finished...we may need to rehem them. A few of the panels are shorter than the 49" length. We may need to do 3" hems on all of them. It will look better if they all look the same when the light shines in! We'll chat in the morning. You've been busy Library patrons this week! Any programs for the kids for VDay? Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete