Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Happy February

It has been a productive couple of days. Today I took advantage of Nick being at school and headed to one of my favorite thrift stores. I ended up with a few bags and a lamp for our bedroom in Michigan. I found teacher gifts for the end of the year and a couple knick knacks for Valentine's Day. I picked Nick up from school and we did our grocery run. We went to Meijer's and bumped into Christi there. We stocked up on the 10 for $10 deals and found Nick's new favorite yogurts on clearance.
We came home and had lunch. Nick helped me continue making advances in the backroom. We washed the windows and dusted all the molding this afternoon. I removed all the hardware from the windows and doors. When Ellie got home from school I went to work getting dinner ready. Rob got home from work and installed some cover-up molding. Remember the backroom is pulling away from the house and over the years we have had to put the expandable foam installation in between the brick and the wall - so we need cover up molding to cover the foam and space.
Mom and Dad came over for dinner. We had roasted zucchini and squash, BBQ pizza & taco pizza, fruit salad and regular salad. Mom made a vegan banana coconut bread for dessert - it was tasty, would have been even better without the coconut. We got the kiddos to sleep and have been relaxing on the couch.
On Monday we hung out at Mom and Dad's house during the day. I did make a quick stop at Target to return the sheers I bought for the back room and pick up every curtain they had on clearance - better to have them and return what I don't use instead of trying to find them in a week or two. We came home and got things ready for cooking club. The girls made peanut butter cookie pops with cream cheese frosting. It was a comedy of errors with Nick on Monday. I had all the cookie pops out on the table cooling and Nick knocked over a 16 ounce glass of water and ruined the first row of cookies. After dinner, as I was putting the potatoes away, he said, "Don't forget the magnet." I looked at him quizzically and asked, "What magnet?" He apparently put a magnet onto the tray when I wasn't looking and luckily, no one ate the magnet that stuck to the bottom of the tray.
Tuesday, I dropped Nick at school and quickly stopped off at Salvation. I found odd things - a little table game for before or after dinner, St. Joseph to place in the yard when you want to sell your house, bags of prizes for Easter eggs or a party. I picked Nick up from school and we went to Menard's to look at molding and pick up wallpaper remover. We ran to Target to return the curtains that didn't match the color swatch.
We came home and ate lunch and I went to work stripping the border. FYI - if you ever need to remove wallpaper, DIF gel is wonderful. While I worked in the backroom Nick took apart his room. It was beautiful outside - 60 degrees in Chicago, in January. We went outside and played soccer and frisbee for about an hour before Ellie came home from school.
I had a focus group last night about kids parties. Rob took the kids to the library and then came home and had dinner. The focus group was neat - got to see what Target might be rolling out. I came home and had dinner and then we got the kids to bed.
I don't know what is up with my feet. I have a couple calluses that are thick and that is where it feels like I have little knives being pushed into my feet. I switched to gym shoes to see if that will help any. Might be time to get a couple appointments with Patricia, it has been a few months. I think I will call and schedule for after the back room is finished - I am sure I will have back and knee issues by then. So, my blog is now linked from another cancer website under the colonoscopy category. If you care to check it out, it is http://www.canswear.net/ . It is another young adult survivor who created this site and I am proud to be apart of it. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment