Thursday, February 23, 2012

I thought About this 8 time last night

Honestly, I thought about posting more than a dozen time last night but still forgot.
It has been a busy couple days around here. On Monday, everyone was off for Presidents Day so we went to see Secret of Arrriety with Mom, Dad, Tony and the kids. We went to Skokie for the first show but 30 minutes ahead of time the parking lot was packed and there were a bunch of families entering. We got lunch first and went to the second show at Golf Mill. It was a very cute movie. Mom and Dad dropped us home and Rob and the kids played outside for a little bit.
Ellie and I went to the library for her check in for the winter reading program. We picked up a pizza from Jets (they won the battle of the pizzas in Skokie, so we needed to try them out). The pizza is good, I am not sure if it is the best I have ever had but it is okay. Nick started not feeling so good, runny nose, sneezing and a bit of a cough.
Tuesday - Nick stayed home from school and stayed in PJs all day. It made for a long day around here because he had a very short attention span. In addition to that, Rob had to tape a game on Tuesday night so I had Nick all day and night. Ellie and I worked on her state project after school. This week was her state bird, a mockingbird. Ellie drew a very nice bird on a orange blossom branch.
Wednesday - I took Nick to school and went grocery shopping at Meijer. I picked Nick up from school and we came home. I did some laundry, worked on our internet problem - it wasn't connecting to the wi-fi network. I cleaned up a bit and vacuumed the first floor. Ellie came home from school and we worked on homework. When Rob came home, Ellie and I went for a check in at the library.
Mom and Dad came over for Mexican night dinner. The kids got so play time and Ellie and Mom worked on Ellie's book for school. We watched the Middle, the kids danced and Mom and Dad went home. The kids helped me in the basement, too. We are weeding out toys they don't play with anymore to be able to put away the toys they actually do play with. We were able to bag up the kitchen play items, some of the play-doh items and the polly pockets. I still need to go through some of their things when they aren't home but it is coming along.
Rob worked on our bookcase for the backroom on Monday. He has the various pieces cut out and we just need to assemble and trim it out in the room. I am still debating how to paint it. I am feeling pretty good. My feet seem overly numb lately but on the plus side...I didn't get sick with two kids with colds at home! Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. It was a crazy, fun time today. You, however were supposed to check out with me...I owe you, remember? I think I will remember that snowfall for the rest of my life. I've never seen snowflakes that looked like that before! Nick was a kick! Thanks...it was good to get out! love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete