Monday, February 13, 2012

I forgot to blog!

I was thinking I was forgetting about something last night but couldn't remember what. Jumping around, as usual.
Our furniture was delivered on Saturday. In preparation, Rob and I moved some furniture around in our room and vacuumed. We are bringing our old set up to Michigan because it is better than a set up there but we don't really have a place to put the old set. So, it stands against the wall in our bedroom. We washed the floor in the backroom and got the bookshelf moved on top of the cedar chest (for now). Rob helped me lay down and install the carpet tiles I picked up instead of a rug. Mom finished up the curtains and they are all hung and look wonderfully rich. I finished painting on Friday - all the trim is finished. Now there is just some touch up spots.
Rob picked up a game on Saturday afternoon from a friend. The guys came to deliver and were pretty much in and out. The sofas look most excellent in the back room. They were able to bring up the mattress but left the box spring for Rob and me to get up later. The problem with an older house is things were different when they were built...we cannot even get a full size box spring up the stairs. We discovered 13 years ago that the box springs have to be lifted up to the 2nd floor balcony and brought in through the screen door up there.
Rob and I got the sofa bed out in the morning. Lots of awkward moves and lifting - then a metal man came and removed the metal bed and left the shell and pillows. I originally thought the new furniture was going to make the backroom feel smaller but I think the arrangement might do the opposite - strange. Ellie helped me start our Valentine baking on Saturday afternoon and we had movie night ---all together, comfortably on the couch.
Yesterday, Rob took the kids to church and I went to meet a new friend. I met her online in a forum for Chicago, young, cancer people. We are very close to each other in age, we both have children and we are both out of Northshore. I met her for coffee in Andersonville and we were able to discuss chemo and treatment.
I came home and Ellie and I finished up our baking. We packed up the kids Valentine's for school. Nick's hand got too tired to write about halfway through his class list. We went over to Mom and Dad's for Valentine dinner. Mom tried a pinterest recipe she found for a creamy avocado pasta - not bad. We had dessert and the kids put on a bunch of temporary train tattoos. Nick didn't because he doesn't care for them. I held Matteo and he fell asleep for me.
We came home and the kids had their shower/bath and then we watched the first 30 minutes of the Grammys. We got them to bed a bit early because of the weekend activity. It is so nice to sit on a couch that doesn't make your butt hurt. It is so spacious and full of support!
Thursday and Friday were full of a bunch of little things. I finished painting the backroom. Nick and I took a trip up to HOBO to pick out the carpet tiles to make an area rug in the backroom. Ellie went to the basketball game with Rob on Friday night. She worked in the food area with the booster club.
Thursday, Ellie came home with the excellent news of the year...she had made honor roll for both quarters of first semester. There was a ceremony that night - how nice for notice! It was a long day for Nick and we decided that Rob would take Nick to pick up a dessert treat while I took Ellie to the ceremony. I put the camera in my purse not realizing the battery was dead. It was great to see how excited the kids were with their achievements. We came home and had ice cream sundaes to celebrate.
I am feeling pretty good when I think about the painting and furniture moving and how my body could be feeling. I have a slight sore throat but I think it is from the scotch guard on the new furniture and rug fibers. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment