Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Eve of Our 15th

Crazy to think tomorrow is our 15th wedding anniversary - seems both like yesterday and like decades ago.
Monday the kids had off of school. We saw a matinee of NutJob. It was nice, we were one of about 3 groups in the theater. I ran to the post office afterwards to talk with the carrier supervisor. My carrier got hurt last week and her replacement left my outgoing mail in the box on Thursday and took my tote with 9 packages begrudgingly on Friday but never scanned them in. Not Friday, not Saturday, not Sunday and nothing Monday until a couple hours after I went in to talk with the supervisor. We spent the afternoon at Mom and Dad's house. Nick played trains with Dad, Ellie and I introduced Mom to the Sequence game.
Rob has a crazy busy filming week this week. He has worked each evening and will continue through Saturday - at least he put in for tomorrow night off.
Yesterday I started listing all my treasures from last week. I felt good, I got an entire box of Christmas crafts listed. I volunteered in the morning. Mrs. Berkowitz is back from maternity leave. After school,  Ellie had her 1st Battle of the Books meet. Mom, Dad, and Rob met us for it. Ellie was up 1st because she was one of the students who had read the most books. Unfortunately, they lost this round.
Today I did some more listing. I got all my Scrapbook items listed and my dear, scary doll. I listed her for $300 and I had 2 watchers within a few hours. I also listed just the Cookie Monster from the play doh set and have my opening bid of $24.99 and 9 watchers! My most expensive tie sold for $102.00, I paid $1.99. After school we went to Target because Ellie was asking for specific snacks for ISAT testing this week.
So, I am a bit annoyed...March is colorectal cancer awareness month. I think I have voiced before that I believe they should be 2 separate cancers - as I was diagnosed with rectal cancer, not colon cancer. Long story short - I am annoyed that rectal cancer doesn't get enough talk. I know survivors of rectal cancer that say they had colon cancer because they think there is a stigma with rectal cancer. I will get off my soap box - I did see a funny announcement - Make sure to give your doctor a booty call, butt no excuses.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment