Sunday, March 16, 2014

Happy Birthday, Ellie

My baby girl turned 12 this weekend, can't believe it.
Thursday was Nick's field trip to the Shedd Aquarium. Dad and I chaperoned...Dad was Nick's 1st request! They only had one bus reserved, so we drove down. I haven't been to the Shedd since the early 1990s. We got to walk around and see the various fish, frogs, eels, sharks and such. We got to see the Fantasea show with the dolphins and whales. We also saw the Ice Age 4D show - the kids loved it. It was a fun time.
Friday was so bright and sunshine filled. I got in the car early. I had to find the remainder of the kids birthday presents. I was able to find everything I needed and things seemed to fall into place. Friday night, Ellie and I went to Mariano's to complete the shopping for her girlfriend party on Saturday.
Saturday morning we straightened up around the house. Ellie had a couple friends over and they feasted on some of Ellie's favorites - ravioli, strawberries, veggies, bbq chips, and punch. They painted some rocks and made bath salts and sugar scrubs. In the evening, we went out to Sweet Tomatoes to celebrate as a family. It was perfect because we all could find something to eat.
This morning Rob went to church and the kids and I did out cooking prep work. We ran to Costco to pick up their cake. Nick is starting to learn about telling time at school and not a moment too early. It  was so hard for him to wait until people arrived. Rob went to pick up the GGs and I got the food into the oven. We had mac and cheese, baked shells, chicken strips, mini corn dogs, salad, and fruit. The kids loved playing with each other and there weren't any ugly scenes. Ellie and Nick received some great gifts that will keep them happy and busy for a long time. It was a wonderful day and a great to see everyone.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. I had written a nice comment on the pad...hit publish, and it disappeared. So, this is short and sweet. Today was lovely. A cold, but beautiful day. The food was delicious...put that vegan ziti on a repetition list! The kids were so happy and one of them is getting grown up on us! Thanks for a wonderful afternoon! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete