Sunday, March 9, 2014

Such an Active Weekend

Thursday was our 15th anniversary. The kids were at school, and Rob at work. I did some listing in the morning. It was so sunny out that I felt the need to get out and enjoy it. I ran to Unique and found a few things. I hit Salvation on the way home and found a few new in box games and puzzles and a few ties. I came home to a bouquet of flowers from Rob. Mom and Dad brought dinner for the kids and watched them so Rob and I could go to dinner. We went to Tapas Barcelona in Evanston. We enjoyed a few plates together and then took a brisk walk around downtown before heading home.
Friday I did some thrifting in the morning. I went to Morton Grove Salvation and found a new in box Rejuvenique mask, it is a scary infomercial anti aging product. I went to Wings but didn't find anything. I ended at Avenues and found 3 kids costumes and a puzzle. The kids came home from school and we went to get ice cream. Ellie finished her ISAT testing and needed to unwind. We stopped into Half Price Books and then went to the mall to walk around.
Saturday morning we all slept in. I woke up to a fantastic email, my kind of creepy doll sold. In less than a week for full asking price. Rob went to work a side job for an hour. A bit after he got home there was a door bell ring, it was the tree company asking us to move our cars. We are having our very large cottonwood taken down. We constantly lose branches, some pretty big ones. One came very close to hitting Nick last summer. It was instant entertainment for the day. Ellie and I ran out to Salvation and Unique because she wants to update her spring wardrobe. We came home and found that they had almost one half of the Y split taken down. It was a great ebay afternoon, lots of items moving out. We went out for breakfast for dinner. We went to Walker Brothers and were pretty much alone in the restaurant. We went to Target afterwards to walk around. We found hepa filter/purifiers were on clearance. We have had ours for about 5-7 years now and trying to find the filters is getting hard and pricey. We decided to get new ones for each bedroom and one for the 1st floor, too. We came home and got the kids to bed since we would be losing an hours sleep.
Today Rob and Ellie were up in time for church, Nick and I came down just as they were getting ready to leave. I took the time to really get my boxes organized. I had crap bins in every room and I tossed them all on the table to go through. I had another good sale day with more items moving out. Rob and Ellie got home and brought in the hepas. Rob did the switch outs of the old ones. Ellie made some bath salts this afternoon. The house is starting to not look like a hurricane hit it. We went to Mom and Dad's for dinner. Mom made pizzas, salad, roasted potatoes, and fruit salad. Ellie made 3-2-1 cakes for dessert and Mom had cinnamon rolls.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment