Sunday, November 3, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me

Thursday was a rainy Halloween. At times it did slow down but it was still wet. The party at school went well. The kids were happy with the snacks and crafts. Rob took Nick out for the first part of trick or treating. Ellie had basketball practice. I picked her up when Nick and Rob got back. Rob had to work so I took the kids out but we only went a couple blocks because the wind picked up and we were soaked.
Friday I got my bins organized. I was able to combine bins and re-cycle a couple to re-use. I was able to get a bit of listing done, too. I did my Salvation run to pull for Saturday. Ellie had her 1st basketball game at school. Nick and I headed over and Rob met us there. It was nice that it was a home game because Nick was able to visit with some of his friends and it kept him busy. Ellie made a basket and scored for her team. We left at halftime because we had tickets to the circus. We picked dinner up on the way. Although it was a fun night, I don't know that we will do it again next year.
Saturday morning I went to Salvation. Ellie watched Nick for me. I came home and picked up the kids and we went to the other Salvation. We also did a quick run into Michael's and Big Lots. We came home and Rob had finished working and was showered and ready for fun. We had an early dinner at El Jardin. Nick tried a tamale but didn't care for it. We had gelato from Mariano's for my birthday treat. We were able to pick up yogurt for lunches this week.
We had a laid back day today. I got to sleep in! Rob and Nick raked the leaves...quite a pile out at the curb. I got my listings packaged and ready to mail out. Ellie made cupcakes from scratch. I packed up Halloween and got a bunch of loads of laundry done. Ellie and I ran to Target to check out clearance and picked up a bunch of stuff. All the food was on sale, we stocked up on goldfish! We went to Mom and Dad's for family Sunday. We were celebrating my birthday and Teo's 2nd birthday. Mom made lasagna, broccoli, salad, fruit, broco-slaw, cranberry sauce, and vegetable soup. Monkey bread and cake for dessert. It was fun! The kids dressed in their costumes since we didn't see each other for Halloween.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday! It was a blitz of a week. The kids looked great today. The veggie soup was really lentil...just so you know you don't care for my lentil soup; my veggie soup is still OK. It was a nice afternoon. Thanks for your help! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete