Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Organizing

I am taking advantage of the weather outside being gross and I have started the dreaded organizing projects around the house. I backed up all our computer files on Monday. We found a sale at Costco on laptops and we bought two. One to replace mine and one for the kids to use. I was able to pull all the files off our very old laptop and off our desktop down in the basement. I removed the hard drives and we will take them to the electronic recycling drop off.
I cleaned out the linen/hallway closet upstairs. The closet aggravates me on a daily basis. It is out laundry hamper, linen storage, as well as, all our toiletry storage. I had a garbage can full of empty boxes and packages. Closet is done and looks great.
I tackled the garden window in the kitchen - another catch all space. I planted my herb garden. I cleaned out the china cabinet drawers. That took the longest. The drawers are where everything gets stuffed into. I found enough batteries to fill a ziploc bag - don't know if they are good or dead. I found a huge amount of un-sharpened pencils. Found all our zip drives and memory cards for our cameras. Found a new tablecloth for the table.
Did my grocery shopping on Monday. I volunteered on Tuesday morning. It worked out perfectly because Mrs. Breiler wasn't there and I was able to ask all the kids for their quotes for the teacher appreciation project I will be doing.
Mom and Dad came over for dinner. We had sweet potato/black bean/grilled pepper and onion tacos, broccoli and purple cauliflower, brussel sprouts, and fruit. I made a banana monkey bread for dessert. Mom and Dad played Guess Where with the kids and we watched a little bit of Little Rascals.
The kids got their report cards and they both did an awesome job...we are so proud of them.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for a great dinner! I forgot to check out Ellie and Nick's report cards...maybe they can bring them on Sunday? The rain tapping without all of the thunder noise should be great for sleeping! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete