Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Blah, blah, blah

I am over this Spring already. I am still not feeling great. Residual cough, congestion and aches. It has rained here all week. I love the rain in the Spring because I know that it is taking care of the plants and grass but it doesn't really do anything for motivating me to get off my butt. I have pretty much sat at home this week.
Monday I continued my cleaning at home. I washed the kitchen floor. I actually washed it twice because after the first time it felt sticky. I did laundry. Washed out sheets because of my germs. I washed the stairway and bathroom curtains. The next phase of this gunky virus kicked in and I felt like crap. Terrible abdominal cramps. Nick came home from school and his eye looked extremely red and he had a bit of gunk in his tear duct. I cleaned his eyes and put some drops in. We had dinner and his eyes were still not looking good. I called the pediatricians office and the nurse told me to wash with baby shampoo before bed and when he woke up and to come in if it still looked bad.
Tuesday morning Nick's eyes were the same. We got Ellie on the bus and then were off for walk in hours. The doctor didn't think it was viral and probably allergy/irritation but gave me drops for him. We stopped at Target to pick up the drops and then home quickly to pack lunch. I dropped Nick off at school and volunteered. I did some grocery shopping afterwards. Cleaning project of the day was the blinds. I was able to get 5 blinds cleaned before my hands were cut and not happy. By the last couple, I had learned a couple tricks that made the process easier. We had an early dinner because it was family reading night at school. It was a nice program but I truly wish it was earlier in the evening. By the time we got home it was 8:30 and Nick was over tired.
Today the kids got off to school. Nick's eyes are almost back to normal. I tackled the curtains today. I got the living room, dining room and kitchen washed, pressed and back up. I was able to get in a half hour nap before I needed to get Nick off the bus. Mom and Dad came over for dinner. We had pasta, a veggie melange, tried the beyond meat chicken, and fruit salad. We enjoyed banana bread for dessert. Mom and Dad came over early so they were able to play a couple games with the kids before the Middle came on. Nick was suffering this evening from lack of sleep...hope he is not getting some bug.
I guess this virus has been good & bad. I have been able to complete a bunch of odd cleaning jobs around the house because I haven't felt like going out but the bug itself has been gross. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment