Sunday, January 20, 2013

WooHoo for Long Weekends

Not too much to share here. Everyone is off tomorrow for the holiday, so we have a 3 day weekend. Friday night, Mom and Dad took the kids overnight. Rob had a basketball game. We were going to try to have dinner together afterwards but the game ran late and most restaurants were closed by the time it was done. We had a quiet dinner here when Rob came home.
Rob came with me to my Salvation run on Saturday morning but I wasn't looking to re-build stock yet. I picked the kids up a bit after lunchtime. They had watched a couple movies and had a ball at their overnight. We got out and went to the mall to walk around and browse. It is very apparent I have a tween girl on my hands.
We were the parents for Sunday school at church this morning. Rob's co-worker, Deb, stopped by this afternoon for a visit. The kids really wanted to re-create a moment from almost 6 years ago when she was over and Kitty played a board game with them. It wasn't successful today. We met Mom, Dad, Jo, Tony and Matteo for dinner. We did a good old fashioned family outing to Kohl's afterwards.
Rob got wonderful news this past week...he has been promoted to the cable television producer at the high school. Supposed to be pretty cold here tomorrow - high is 10, I think . We are heading to try to find the ever growing Ellie some new jazz shoes. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment