Sunday, January 27, 2013

Always Interesting

It is absolutely nuts here in Chicagoland. There is a sizable amount of ice on the ground. It is raining, lightening, thundering and will be 60 degrees on Tuesday.
This morning, Rob and Ellie went to church. Nick and I stayed here and cleaned up a bit. Nick has decided he likes to clean and I wasn't going to stop him. Once Ellie and Rob got home from church we were home bound because of the crappy weather. We did some baking, made from scratch double chocolate zucchini muffins. I put away a couple baskets of laundry. Weeded out Ellie's drawers (again) of things she has outgrown. Ellie and I read for a long time...we are trying to finish this book up. The kids face timed with Mom and Dad this evening since we didn't do Sunday night dinner. We had dinner and then we all watched the movie based on the book Ellie and I have been reading. I am happy that the movie strayed away from the book because now the ending will still be a surprise.
Rob worked a conference at school yesterday...he was gone early. Ellie and Nick were going to stay at home while I ran to Salvation for a quick grab but when I went to start my car warming up - it wouldn't start. I tried a couple times with no luck. Our neighbor, Bob, tried to jump me with no luck. I called Mom and dad nicely came to our rescue. The kids had a birthday party at Jump Zone. We were able to drop them off while Dad and I came back here so dad could hear/see the car. I dropped Dad at home and borrowed Mom's car. I went back to Jump Zone and watched the kids having a great time. Nick even ate the pizza. They got the cutest goodie bags ever with handmade superhero capes and masks. We came home and the kids played until Rob got home. Rob and I attempted to jump my car with no success. I called our insurance for road side assistance...they sent out a tow truck. Shout out to Smitty's Towing in Evanston...they came out and were successful in jumping my car and even worked to clean the leads off. We drove my car to Ford so it could be first in on Monday for a battery and oil change. We stopped by Mom's house to wish Jamee a happy birthday. We went to Auroris at the high school in the evening - the dance team. It was a nice show and I know Ellie really gets inspired seeing it.
Friday, I drove the kids and the neighbors to school. The bus was running late and I had to be at school for the field trip. I haven't been to the Field Museum in decades...hasn't really changed. I had an interesting group of kids. Didn't lose any. We were all tired by the bus ride home. Rob was taping a basketball game in the evening so the kids and I baked some brownies, had dinner and a movie night. We watched a very old Muppets movie.
Thursday, I got some more things listed on ebay. Went grocery shopping with Mom and Dad. Nick had sports class in the evening and Ellie dance. We switched it up and I took Nick home and Rob took Ellie to jazz. It worked out great because I was able to come home and get dinner ready.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment