Wednesday, January 23, 2013

It is Cold Outside

I am not complaining too much about the cold because I would totally rather have cold alone than cold with snow.
We all had the day off of school on Monday. Ellie, Nick and I took a drive down to River Forest to hit the Leo Dance store. Unfortunately, it is no longer a factory store and it is now just regular retail. Ellie tried on a couple pairs of jazz shoes and found a pair that she liked. We stopped off at the Unique Thrift in Brickyard - never been to that one before and I really liked it. Different element there and prices were about the same. We picked up lunch on the way to Mom and Dad's house. The kids had some craft projects they were looking to do. We had pottery in the evening. We all glazed our creations from the first couple weeks. I now know that my job for the rest of the classes will be to finish glazing the kids pieces.
Tuesday I was "fired" again from volunteering...Mrs. Breiler sent me a message that the kids would be in an assembly and she didn't need me to come in. I went grocery shopping instead. I came home and unloaded groceries and finally got back into eBay. I organized and took pictures. So, in my Pinteresting I found these things called Butler Soy Curls, they are vegan textured soy. They have no flavor and absorb the flavors you cook them in. I ordered them and they are pretty amazing. I used them to make bbq shreds and they were delish. Another shout out to The Soap Guy. I have been ordering soap from him for over 7 years and I won a contest of his last week and he sent me out a free loaf of his soap. Rob came home from work with lilies for me...because he couldn't do what he does without what I do...such a lovely treat.
Today was eBay central. I got stuff listed and took over 400 pictures. I already have bids on 1/4 of the items I listed today. Mom and Dad came over for dinner. I made tacos with the Butlers, grilled veggies, green beans and fruit and Mom brought a salad. Tacos were fabulous. Ellie made a tray of vegan brownies and I popped in some peppermint cookies. Rob was home in time to watch The Middle with us.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Dinner was fab! Let's talk tomorrow about the instructions for use...do they have to be cooked if they're going into a chicken salad ? Please tell Nick he cured my hands...tell him the lotion took away the red stuff. I saw you at the door when we left and I wasn't sure if you wanted us to stop or if you were just sealing the door. Tell both of the kids that we were well entertained and to have a great Thursday! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete