Sunday, July 29, 2012

Vacation time

Finished laundry and packing up tonight to leave tomorrow with the kids. Rob will join us after working this week.
Thursday we headed to Schaumburg and that area and we did some shopping and then went to Legoland. Glad we did it because it has been on the kids to-do list for years but I don't think we will ever need to go again. We all went to the pool in the evening and pretty much had it to ourselves.
Friday morning, Mom and Dad picked the kids up and took them with them to lunch with the GGs. Quite a treat, they got to dress up and have a lovely lunch. Jo took them to see a movie in the afternoon and a bit of shopping. Mom and Dad had them for an overnight. Rob and I went to a wedding of a friend in Barrington. It was nice to be able to talk without being interrupted. It has been confirmed - I really love birks and dansko shoes/clogs and quite despise anything else.
Saturday Rob and I ran a couple errands before I went over to pick up the kids. While they played outside during the afternoon, Rob and I worked on a re upholstery project. I really like the fabric I picked out and the covers ended up looking great. We met up with Mom, Dad, Jo, Tony and Matteo for the 120th birthday celebration (60 + 60) of Kate & Richard. It was a lovely evening to be outside. An added bonus to see Marg.
Rob and Ellie went to church this morning while Nick and I hung out. Rob worked in the garage this afternoon trying to get his honey-do list knocked down. Ellie and Nick have been inspired by the Olympics and Ellie set out making her own bow and arrow set this afternoon. She even came into the house to do some internet research about it. I mowed the back lawn because the slip and slide wore some big holes into it yesterday. We went to Mom and Dad's for dinner and had a great summer night meal of sandwiches and salads - and crack potatoes. We've been watching the Olympics at night and letting the kids stay awake longer than usual.
Hope you all have a great couple weeks - will post again on the 12th. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment