Wednesday, July 25, 2012

It has been so long

True confession...I have been forgetting to blog lately. I neglected to post last entry that I would be in Michigan this past weekend and unable to post. While I am in the remembering frame of mind, the kids and I will be going up to the cottage the first 2 weeks in August. Rob will join us on the first Friday with Dean and Edwin. So, for those that really follow this - I will post tonight and Sunday but then I am on vacation for 2 weeks.
Highlights of the last week since there is no way I can remember everything. Our garden has really taken off. I finally had a tray full of red tomatoes, ginormous cucumbers that were one inch long on Saturday and about a pound by Tuesday. Peppers haven't really been as great as the plants look - I think that bed doesn't get enough sun. The beans were there last year and that also didn't have a huge yield.
We had a pretty successful thrifting/rummage run over the last week. I picked up the strangest things that we really did need. I found the curtain rods I needed to hang the new curtains in Michigan at a rummage sale - all 3 rods (in the length I needed) with all the hardware for $1. I found 3 North Face fleece jackets at Goodwill. I found big wheel bikes for Mom's house. I picked up Nick's Halloween costume and a Calvin Klein dress for $1.
Michigan was fun. The weather wasn't terrible - we were actually comfortable most of the time. We spent quite a few hours on the beach. Ellie and Nick went to Clubhouse - this past week has been Olympic related.
Time is slipping away. We have a busy weekend with a wedding, a 60th birthday party and a tour around my old stomping grounds with my friend Laura and her girls. I want to get the bookcase in the back room put back together but I want to move some more things around. We went to the pool tonight and Nick finally went down the tube slide with Ellie - just the 2 of them. They both liked it so much that they are going to do it every time that way.
We went with Mom, Dad, Tony and Matteo this morning to Whole Foods to see Miss Lori from channel 11. The kids got to get a picture with her and some snack from the food van.
I have cut out the afternoon iced coffee because I have not been able to go to sleep until the wee hours. My body is feeling pretty good. I have been keeping up with my exercises from Whitney. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment