Sunday, February 1, 2015

Snow Bowl

We are certainly making up for the lack of snow this season. I am using the porch rail as a measure and it is well past 12". We have snowdrifts more than halfway up our 4' fence. And it is still snowing. The kids joyfully ran downstairs at 8:05 pm to let us know school had been canceled for tomorrow. An official snow day for them, Rob has a 2 hour late start.
I picked up Nick's germs this week and have had a drippy nose, aches, and cough. Ellie stayed home Friday with a migraine. It was that sort of a week. Tuesday, I went with Mom and Grandma GG shopping because mom's car had a flat tire. 
I finished January strong on ebay. I exceeded my goals! I maxed out my listings and buyers ate them up. February has started out equally as well. I am going to take advantage of Ellie being home tomorrow and see if she will help me list. 
Today we had church. We were on as the parents for Sunday School. Roads were gross trying to get there. Afterwards we went to Dean's for the girls 1st birthday party. The roads were no better. Milwaukee only had one lane viable in either direction. We stayed for a while and the kids played before we journeyed home. It took us a bit over an hour. We got home and had to walk through knee deep drifts to get to our door. Our neighbor, Bob, very nicely used his snow blower to clear a spot for our car. We decided to not try to go to Mom and Dad's for dinner after it took us so long to park the car.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. You were all missed, but it was good you stayed home. The weather really stinks and Dad has a terrible cold. Glad the kids are home tomorrow...it is gross out there! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete