Sunday, November 2, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me

This past week really flew by. Rob was in New Orleans until late Wednesday night. I had the Halloween party in Nick's classroom to get prepared for. 
I did a bit of thrifting during the week. I found some Dept 56 Halloween decorations for Dad. I got some costumes to put away for next year. I listed and sold my .50 needlepoint, it sold for 215.00. October exceeded my goals!
Mom and Dad came over for dinner on Wednesday. We had macaroni and cheese, turkey cutlets, broccoli, fruit, salad. We watched the Middle before heading to bed.
The kids were thrilled to see Rob after school on Thursday. We picked up Gusgus and had dinner here. It was great to catch up.
The weather really took a miserable turn toward the end of the week. Halloween was about 35*, snowing, raining, windy...gross. Nick's class party went well, very calm group of kids. We did a bit of trick or treating but it really was gross out and we called it a night pretty early. We had hot cocoa to warm up.
Saturday we took advantage of the sun and got out of here. We thrifted and I found some items that I can't wait to list. Should be a killer November, too. We hit Target for clearance but didn't really find too much. 
Loved the extra hour of sleep last night. The kids woke up at their normal time and didn't take advantage - like I did. Rob went to church and I started listing. I instantly sold the ink. Rob did the yard clean up when he got home, I studied with Ellie and Nick played with trains. We took our outdoor decorations down. We went to Mom and Dad's for family Sunday. Mom had a tableful of delicious treats- black bean flautas, pizza, fetucini Alfredo, broccoli, noodle kugel, kale. Ellie had baked brownies for me and Jo made a cake for Teo's birthday.  It was a lovely day.
Busy week ahead...Ellie's first basketball game, 6 month check up with Dr. Marsh, seminar at school. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. It was a nice afternoon...Happy Birthday, Sweetie! Glad you enjoyed the meal! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete