Sunday, October 26, 2014

Beautiful Fall - Oh I Love Days Like These

This weekend has been gorgeous. Sunshine and nice temperatures make for great times.
During the week I did some thrifting and some listing. I have maintained my goal for the month. I hit the last of the rummage sales for the year. Unfortunately, not too much to flip but I did find some things for us.
Ellie tried out for the basketball team and made it. She practices everyday after school. Apparently the coach is using kettle balls for some of the warm ups and Ellie is hurting (a good hurt) in different places.
Nick and I went to see Dr. Gallai about his teeth. He is getting his 6 year molars in and they are pretty swollen. Although he has really been complaining about the pain the last 48 hours and when I looked today he has a big abscess on his gum. He gargled with salt water and peroxide tonight so hopefully it helps.
Rob is in New Orleans for a conference. He left on Friday and comes home later this week. It is exciting for him because it is his first conference with work. We had a couple brunch dates early in the week - he went into work later a few days this last week.
Mom and I went out and played on Thursday. We had lunch together and did a bit of shopping.
Ellie had rec night at school on Friday. She dressed as Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas and won 1st place. Nick and I had a date night and ate ice cream for dinner,
Saturday the kids dressed as Mary Poppins and Bert again for trunk or treat and trick or treat in Skokie. Jo, Ole, Tony and Teo met us for the first part. It was beautiful out and a pleasure to walk around. We ate lunch at the New Mexican restaurant, not bad food. We came home and Nick and I raked the front yard - not that you could tell an hour later. Ellie and Neha carved their pumpkins.
Today we really cleaned upstairs. I went through my closet and drawers and majorly purged. I had a bunch of clothing I bought when I was in treatment and about 20 pounds lighter - it was time for them to go. I filled 4 garbage bags with the kids. We packed them right in the car and took them to the thrift store. We went to Mom and Dad's for dinner. Mom had a great fall meal with squash, noodles, veggies, roasted potatoes, and chicken. The kids had a fun dance party before we came home.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment