Sunday, August 25, 2013

Why is it so Hot?

Thursday morning I got the kids up and out to the bus to school and I was off on an adventure. I dropped books off at the library and then took Rob's car to Ford. On his way home from Michigan he heard some noise and noticed the muffler was hanging. Luckily, it was a crappy, rainy day and I had nothing else to do but hang out as it was fixed. I went to Target and Costco...alone! I can't explain how awesome that was. While I love shopping with my children, I really love shopping without them. I hit Target and found great clearance. I was able to stock up on juice, milk, and lunch snacks at Costco. I came home and had to carry in all my bags in the rain but it felt good.
Friday morning the kids were off to school and I had plans with Mom and Dad. We went out to Steinmart but I think that was probably our last time intentionally going there...nothing good. We went to a different Target hoping to find some more great clearance. Didn't run into the things we were thinking but still found good things. We had lunch at El Famous - delicious food. We finished the day at Aldi. The kids got home from school and we took advantage of Rob working late to go check out craft stuff at Michael's. We stopped in to Half Price Books but didn't find any good movies.
Saturday morning Ellie and I were off to a rummage sale. Didn't score like we did last year but I did find some nice clothes for Nick for the fall and a skirt for Ellie for her Halloween costume. We ran into Salvation on the way home, haven't been there for a Saturday in months. Ended up with snow pants for the kids, a coat for Ellie and a couple other items - all for under $9.00. Rob went to do a side job and we cruised over to another rummage sale. No clothing finds but we did find a super cute shelving unit and mirror for Ellie's room and a set of shamrock green fiestaware. We came home and got our swimsuits on. We took advantage of the heat and went to the pool. We went to the Backlot Bash in the afternoon. Nick rode a couple rides, Ellie and I played Bingo, Ellie got henna work done on her hand. We came home and the kids played in the sprinkler while Rob and I relaxed in our chairs.
Today we started off the morning at church. They had just harvested a bunch of veggies from the community garden and we were able to take home a couple tomatoes, carrots and zucchini. We came home and I made a peach pie while Ellie did her homework. Nick and Rob played together. We all went to Lowe's for the workshop, the kids made another plane from Planes. This one went together easier than the previous one bit the decals were tricky. We went to Mom and Dad's for dinner. Mom made a bunch of veggies in hope of replicating a sandwich they had while they were on vacation. It was good.
The garden is loving the heat, us people, not so much. I take Kitty for a follow up visit tomorrow, she is still not herself. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment