Thursday, August 15, 2013

Oops...Forgot it was Wednesday

I haven't forgot to blog in a long time but it clearly escaped my mind yesterday. It doesn't surprise me too much because yesterday my mission was to sit on my butt. Oh well, it happens.
Haven't been up to anything too exciting. Monday morning I cruised over to Mom and Dad's to pick up the kids. I got there and they were all still asleep. We stayed the day and painted rocks and played in the yard. Monday evening Ellie and I went back to school shoe shopping. Ellie now wears a 8.5 - she has officially outgrown my size. We found her shoes, which I am pretty sure she chose exclusively on their color. I picked up shoes fro Nick but they ended up not fitting him.
Tuesday was a pinball game day. We started at Whole Foods in Evanston because Miss Lori and the PBS Kids van was there. Nick then had an appointment at Northwestern for the research. He was honest with the girl and told her he didn't want to continue in the study. We then went to see Dean. He was in the hospital with an infected knee and the kids were asking about him. We had lunch on the Glen at Via Gelato. We walked down to see in Von Maur had any clearance shoes - no luck. We went to Kohl's to try to exchange Nick's shoes but they didn't have any in his size. Ellie found a pair of back to school sandals that she is very excited about. We checked out Salvation Army on the way home but found nothing there. Mom and Dad stopped by with a loaf of apple scrapple bread from Great Harvest. It was the kids first time trying it and they are in love. When Rob got home from work, Ellie and I ran to the library and then to do a bit of grocery shopping. We had summer sandwiches for dinner. The kids played outside for hours with the neighbors.
Wednesday we stayed here all day. We really worked to clean up and put things away around the house. I did laundry and sheets. The kids played outside with the neighbors. Ellie and I were baker bees. We made 36 strudel muffins, a pudding cake, and a crisp. All were peach blueberry combination, the crisp even added basil. Mom and Dad brought dinner over, Chinese. We are trying to establish our old patterns this week, Wednesday dinner being part of it.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree
PS - Just a warning, Sunday's post might happen on Monday this coming week.

1 comment:

  1. Fun pre-vacation day today...feels odd that the summer is coming to a close school wise. Where does the time go. So glad we got to see the kiddies! Talk to you Tuesday. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete