Wednesday, August 21, 2013

School Time

On Monday we had breakfast and I gave the kids a choice - stay for some beach time in Michigan or come home and have pool time...the pool won. We cleaned up and we did an art project together before rounding up all our stuff. We ate lunch and got on the road. We made wonderful time and didn't really hit any traffic. We stopped at Mariano's on the way home to pick up groceries for the week. We got home and unpacked and put groceries away and hit the pool. It was so crowded, I think maybe more than all summer long. We stayed a couple hours and came home. We had dinner together before I had to go to school for a quick meeting. Mom and Dad stopped by on their way home from their anniversary trip to wish the kids a great first day of school. I dropped off Nick's supplies and met with his teacher. I stopped at Target to pick up Ellie's calculator and came home to find lunches packed and ready. Nick went to bed very nervous about 1st grade.
Tuesday morning went very well. Everyone was up and ready. Ellie met me at the stairs with some bad news...we all forgot to pull Kitty's food and water for her vet visit. We ate breakfast and Nick and I talked about how it is normal to feel nervous about something we don't know about. I guess that helped because he didn't cry or complain again. We waited at the bus stop with Rustine and Tina. Tiselle is now in high school, so we are down to 3 at the bus stop. The kids were off and I came home. I had a cup of coffee and called the vet to reschedule our visit. I called AT&T to discuss what they could do to keep us as customers, they discounted our plan. I did some laundry and cleaned up around the house. Nick came home and he really enjoyed school. Ellie came home and was excited, too. We went to the pool since neither of them had homework. We came home and I got dinner going. We ate together and then got the kids to bed.
Today went well. I got the kids up and out to the bus. I dropped Kitty at the vet. The doctor wanted to sedate her to take a better look at the gland. I went to Mom's to pick up Tony - we were having a T&T day. We went to the pool for an hour. I wish we had better weather days this summer because I think he really had a good time at the pool. We went in the kids pool and he did the slides, we did the splash pad, and we played in the pool. We came home and changed and were off to Culver's for lunch. It was a nice afternoon. The kids came home still liking school. Ellie started working on homework while I called to check on Kitty. She was ready to be picked up. We cruised over and got her, she will go back next week for a booster antibiotic shot. Mom and Dad came over for dinner. It was so hot that I didn't really want to cook tonight. I made a fake chicken salad with Butler's. It was delicious. Mom made a couscous salad. Ellie ran intothe store and picked out a great watermelon. We watched the re-cap of AGT and then Mom and Dad left.
Although I am a bit sad not to have my daytime company anymore, I am real glad they like school. I will get ebay back up and going after Labor day. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. So very happy that my kiddos like school! Take a little of that "no kids" for yourself. Read a book that is not on the Battle of the Books list! I have a few gruesome ones if you need something! Your chickenless salad was wonderful...I've missed that! I did like the couscous as well...if the heat keeps up, I might be doing that more. Thanks for a lovely dinner...nice to be back in a pattern I guess. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete