Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Vacation Part Two, Chapter Three

It feels like it has been forever since I last blogged, guess that is what vacation is all about. The days and nights blend together since we have been here so long.
We had a couple big storms blow through. The one this morning was intense. The rain was coming down hard and fast and the wind was making a whistle though the windows. We had a tree limb fall on the garage. I took Ellie to clubhouse in the car because it was still raining and we had to watch the road. The water running down the hills had washed away sections of the road. It all cleared by the afternoon. Our friends, Jodi and Kirk, and their daughter came to visit and play. We painted rocks for a while and then went to the beach for a few hours. We came back and started dinner. The girls went to clubhouse for the scavenger hunt and we had a great meal. We all walked down for the sunset and ice cream at the soda bar.
Ellie has been busy at clubhouse...beach in a bottle, bunco, potluck dinner, science creations. Ellie made cupcakes for the potluck. She even used gummy worms to decorate the tops and spelled out clubhouse 2013. Nick has been playing and helping around the house with projects. He loves taking the recycling out for pickup.
We have had some great beach days. The water is cold but very calm. The kids have had fun in their inter-tubes and boogie boards. We had some success finding beach glass the past couple days.
I had a phone call from my old boss, Dan. My co-worker, Bob, passed away. I was glad I was able to visit him earlier this summer. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Tree...I am so glad that you went to visit Bob. Glad that he didn't struggle for long. We miss all of you! I think Kitty Kitty has continued to gain weight in protest of your absence. Dad tried to pick her up today and couldn't find her mid section. It was terribly humid today...a breeze came along this evening and it's starting to feel nice. You'll be coming home to lovely weather. Sounds like Ellie has made the most of her time...still no club house for Nick? Poor guy...is he at least happy...I know, recycling! Your storms were on our news today...is the garage OK? Got my jars. Thanks for the pick up offer. Happy to see you soon. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete