Sunday, March 3, 2013

TGFFDW

TGFFDW - Thank goodness for four day weekends.
I spent Thursday afternoon with the AT &T repairman. Our internet keeps going in and out and it needs to be fixed. He ran tests and climbed poles and eventually ran a new cable from the box to the pole. It seemed to be better but subsequently we are getting knocked off again. Thursday night Nick had sports...I was wrong, he has 3 more weeks. Ellie had dance. Nick and I picked up Shamrock shakes for dessert and rented a couple videos. We had dinner when Rob and Ellie got home and then they enjoyed their first green shake of the season.
Friday the kids had off of school and it was a very good thing because Nick's asthma is in full swing. We started his nebulizer treatments and we just hung out watching movies all day. His appetite was not really there. The kids packed their bags for their overnight at Mom and Dad's house. I brought them over and stayed for a bit. Nick was clearly not himself and was complaining his chest hurt. He decided to try staying overnight with the understanding I would come pick him up if he needed me. Rob was taping a game and I was watching it via stream. It was a nail biter game but North won.
Saturday morning I hit Salvation Army and was able to get a couple bags. I went to pick up the kids. They were doing crafts and making jewelry. The overnight was a success. After a couple games of checkers we were on our way home. We had lots of cuddle time on the couch and more movies. I did some laundry and Ellie really cleaned her room. I picked up more inhalers at CVS.
This morning Nick was up early and I came down with him and started his nebulizer. We made a cake and a pie for their birthday celebration at Mom and Dad's. I finally talked Nick into a shower and tried to really steam him out. Rob had to work a couple hours at the softball clinic. We went over to Mom's for Family Sunday. We celebrated March Madness - our anniversary, Ellie's birthday, Nick's birthday and St. Patrick's day. Mom made chicken, baked ziti, asparagus, salad and fruit. The GGs brought cannoli and Mom made Irish Car Bomb cake. The kids had a great time but Nick seemed to be getting worse. His eyes are blood shot from his coughing. His stomach hurts from the coughing. I scheduled an appointment at the doctors office tomorrow morning. I just went upstairs because he seemed to be gasping for air and he was crying in bed. He was soaking wet so his fever obviously broke but  he is regularly coughing still. Rob decided to go up and sleep with him for a little bit. It is good we have the day off tomorrow and can get him seen. I am hoping Ellie doesn't pick any of this up because she begins ISAT testing this week and cannot miss school.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Glad the fever broke...sorry he's hurting. I had the weird abdominal pain from coughing so hard...I think support muscles get taxed. Glad you got him in to the doc in the morning...he's struggling for air. I'll be here if you want to stop by on your way home. Thanks for all your help today. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete