Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Clean & Clear

Just a quick update to share news from yesterday. My prep felt different this time around. I had the same gallon of prep but it tasted a tad better this time. I also actually took the dulcolax pills this time around. Anyhow...I started the prep on Sunday evening and really didn't even have the running to the washroom moments. I had a good night sleep and then had Rob wake me up when he left for work. I drank an additional 5 glasses and was ready to go. The zofran worked well and I was able to keep the prep down this time around. Really the only bad moments were the abdominal cramping.
I drove to Mom and Dad's house and we were on our way to the hospital. I was pretty much taken right in and prepared. I have learned a bit something from each test/procedure and this time I learned to ask for a hot pack. I immediately put it on my left hand to heat my veins up. It worked...5 minutes later the nurse was able to insert the IV without too much trouble. The procedure itself was fine...I can recall certain conversations and moments but overall cannot recall the entire thing. No polyps were found, just a couple patches of seeds?!? I think they might have been from the berries I had on Saturday - would have never thought that berry seeds would stick around. I have a 2 year recall which she wants more prep for. 2 days of clear liquids, citrate magnesium the 1st day followed by the go-lytle the 2nd day. I agreed to it yesterday but will re-visit this with her closer to that time.
Thanks for keeping me in your positive thoughts...Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment