Sunday, March 10, 2013

Early Post

History has taught me that once I begin the colonoscopy prep that I will be pretty much washroom bound for the rest of the time...thus the AM post.
The past few days have been a sort of blur between Nick still not being 100% and Ellie's party prep. I did some cleaning around the house. Picked up some plates and napkins that matched Ellie's pink theme. Nick had sports on Thursday night and clearly wasn't himself. He came over to sit down with me about 2/3 of the way through and his heart was thumping so hard. It is good that duoneb was only a very temporary med.
Friday night we went to Mariano's to pick up Ellie's cake. She found a cake in the case that matched her theme and they wrote on it for her. We watched the North game stream on Friday night but they lost.
Ellie and I went to Salvation yesterday morning. She found a couple t-shirts that we were able to use to make up-cycled flower headbands. We also found a few dresses that we were able to quickly wash for her party. The run way/red carpet for her party looked great. Rob had brought home bulletin paper and we covered the living room wall with black and then hung white plastic tablecloths from the ceiling. The girls worked on a banner for the middle. We had red paper lining the floor for them to strut their stuff. It was a very nice party and the girls seemed thrilled to be able to dress up in things they normally wouldn't be able to.
Ole got news that he passed his final CPA exam...very exciting. Jo has her husband back and the boys their father. We went over to Mom and Dad's for an hour last night so Ellie and Nick could have some playtime with Tony and Matteo while Jo and Ole went out to celebrate. The kids had a ball together...played real nice.
With the time change and me being clear liquids today...I sent Rob and Ellie to church. We were asked if we could do Sunday school earlier in the week and I didn't 100% think it through with Nick being sick, the time change and prep day. Nick just woke up at 9:30 AM and he hasn't coughed yet. I am hoping that we have finally cleared this hurdle.
Keep me in your positive thoughts, please. I am hoping for not one polyp and just very normal, healthy tissue and then I can spread these suckers out more. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I neglected to congratulate you on your 600th post last post...Congratulations! It was a very nice afternoon today...maybe we needed to shake up the seating to accomplish it. We'll see where the kids want to be next Sunday. We'll talk in the morning, but I'm hoping you have a few more ideas for me for the Friday birthday girl. I took my shower tonight so I'm ready to move in the morning. Hope tonight is not too much of a PIA...did you take the anti-nausea med? See you in the am...Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete