Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring Break

Technically when the kids got off the bus this afternoon it was the beginning of Spring Break except it is freezing outside. We are supposed to be getting a snow storm this weekend.
Monday I did some shopping at Target and was able to pick up the kids Easter gifts. For the past few years we have gone to giving the kids one gift instead of a basket of junk for Easter. I picked a Lego set out for each of them. Monday evening was Ellie's SOAR reception. The photo is of the art piece that was entered. It was inspired by van Gogh. It was fun...I got a bit of time to visit with Christi, Mom and Dad came, and Rob joined us after work. Ellie got to stand next to the Mayor and get a picture with the other students from East Prairie. The exhibit will be up through the first week in April and I believe you can just walk into the lobby - her picture is with the East Prairie board.
I volunteered yesterday morning. I helped Mrs. Breiler with some conference prep and paperwork. Afterschool we picked up Nick's treat for school. He was so very excited to be celebrating his birthday at school. He really wanted to take the ice cream cups but we couldn't find the plain vanilla ones, so he took ice cream sandwiches.
Today Mom and I hung out. Dad was at a conference, so I had her all to myself. We went to the Dollar store & did a bit of grocery shopping. We spent the afternoon on the couch - trying to keep warm. Dad came over after the conference and we had Wednesday night dinner. We played a couple games and had a very enjoyable night.
I will most likely post again on Saturday night but then I am going on Spring Break for a week and enjoying the time with the kids and Rob...will be back for an Easter post and catch up. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree
PS - Most exciting news of the moment...Mariano's is most likely coming to the corner of Touhy and McCormick in Skokie. Sad news...not until 2014 or 2015.

1 comment:

  1. ...and just when did you find out about Mariano's? Is this the girl who accuses me of always keeping the good stuff to myself? Today was wonderful! We haven't had a day to just kick back by ourselves in ages...something I do miss...we'll have to work on getting repeats (with warmer weather) soon! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete