Monday, January 23, 2012

Mr. Sun...I miss you

Man, it seriously got cold today. Jo and Matteo joined us today for a Target adventure. I have an extra 5% off so we did some shopping. Not too much that was terribly fun - clearance cookie cutters, a t-shirt for Ellie and a book for Nick. Pretty much just the basics, food, paper towels, detergent and such.
We came home and I did a quick pick up of the house and vacuum job. Catherine was coming over for cooking club this afternoon. Ellie came home and started homework and then Catherine came over. The girls finished homework, Rob amused Nick and Christi and I caught up. We tried to make fudge tonight - won't know how it turned out until tomorrow. I made dinner while Rob gave Nick a bath and the girls played downstairs.
I am going to jump around now...Nick spent the night at Mom and Dad's house on Friday. I took him over in the snowstorm. He was very excited, it was his first solo overnight. Rob got let out of work early because of the storm but had to go back for the basketball game. Ellie and Rob went to dinner and then the game. I took advantage of my alone time and painted my nails, did laundry and made brownies.
Ellie had a birthday party on Saturday - she was very excited. We celebrated Chinese New year at Mom's house last night. Mom made vegan faux crab rangoon and almond cookies. We ordered from Little Wok. The kids wore their Chinese outfits and put on their hats at Mom's. We got to visit with Jo, Ole, T and Matteo - we hadn't seen them in 2 weeks. The kids played out int eh snow for a bit but it was pretty chilly.
We went to Carson's to look at couch possibilities for the backroom but pretty much decided our best choice is to make what we really want. That has been about it...life is good.
Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment