Thursday, January 19, 2012

Bundle up

It is so cold...I hung a quilt on the front door this afternoon since we still don't have a screen door. I hate to disappoint but life is pretty mundane and un-eventful right now...I sort of like it this way.
This morning I took Nick for a haircut - he looks very cute. We stopped to get some basics at Big Lots and then came home. We just hung out here today and tried our best to keep the house warm. Ellie came home from school and put her PJs on. We had a nice warm dinner and then the kids watched Wipeout. Nick dropped a heavier metal steam engine on his forehead by mistake.
Mom and Dad came for dinner last night. We had chili and it was good. The kids got to visit for a bit with Grams and Gramps. Nick and I did some thrifting during the day - nothing real good. It is sort of disappointing because January is normally a very good month to thrift.
Nick had a runny nose and wanted to stay in his PJs all day on Tuesday - so that is what we did. Ellie had a play date with Catherine after school and Nick went along and played with Susannah. I got to visit with Christi for a bit, too. We made breakfast for dinner - Ellie and Nick were both big helpers.
Monday was a day off for Rob and Ellie. Nick and I went over to Mom's to pick Ellie up but ended staying for a while. Dad took the kids out to the yard to play in the snow. They built a huge snowman and had trouble lifting the 2nd and 3rd balls on top. They used the porch stairs as their slide. When we came home they went back outside to play with the neighbors. They built another snowman and a fort. Nick brought out every snow accessory we have - sleds, shovels, toys.
I did find upholstery fabric thrifting this week. There is enough for the dining room chairs and another project, yet to be determined. I was able to pick up spare waterproof mittens for both kids. I listed my January ebay auctions this week.
I feel good, life is good - 2012 is a much different year! Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

2 comments:

  1. Life IS good! Now, on to my missions for the year! I'm glad things are a bit slow right now...that's how January is supposed to be. Is Nick's head OK? Figures he gets a haircut and now you can't cover the ouchies with hair! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to 2012 being a better year!!!!!!!!!! It should be now that the world isn't going to end....Love ya Rob

    ReplyDelete