Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I cannot believe we are in Chicago

I don't think there has ever been a March like this in Chicago. It was over 80 degrees here today - it is March 14th. There are only 70+ degree temperatures in the 7 day outlook.
Nick had his field trip at school today and I didn't know what to do with my extra time. I came home and I was going to try to recover the dining room chairs but I needed more foam. I was going to try to make a felted sweater pillow case for the backroom but I didn't have a full teal sweater. I ended up doing some reading and watching daytime tv.
We went over to Mom's after I picked Nick up from school and we had lunch and the boys played for a little bit. We came home and when Ellie got home we went shopping for her treat for school tomorrow. In all her years at school, I have always been able to make a treat and bring it into the classroom. Cookies, brownies, rice krispy treats, fruit kabobs - this year it must be store bought with no nut trace or milk...not very easy. We ended up with chocolate chips cookies and we made little treat bags. The kids played outside for a bit while I made dinner and then we ate and had baths. Rob is working at school so I got the kids to sleep.
Yesterday I had a focus group at Fiber Craft - it was a fun subject and I got paid. Dad picked Nick up from school and I brought lunch on my way. Dad and Nick enjoyed the day outside. I had my Matteo fix and Mom and I got to visit. The kids have been able to be outside after school all week - which is great! Ellie and I went to the library to return books and pick out some new ones while Rob gave Nick his bath. We had breakfast for dinner and got the kids to sleep. The time change has caught up with them and they have both been a slight bit cranky.
I can't really remember Monday. I have a new workout tape and it is killing me. My legs ache, my hips ache but I think it is helping increase my hip flexibility which I noticed has seriously diminished since radiation. I still get the charlie horses if my hip and legs are at a certain rotation but at least they aren't as frequent. My feet are about the same - unfortunately. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment