Sunday, March 11, 2012

Early Spring?

I cannot even put to words how much I have done in the past 4 days...a bunch.
Some highlights - I ran around with Nick & Ellie to get all the rest of the things we needed for Ellie's party on Saturday. I won a basket of vegan foods from Whole Foods. They put a message on facebook that the first person to get to the store and say something would win - and I did. I hit my first rummage sale of the year, it was just okay. I picked up a swim shirt for Nick (and goggles), a pair of slippers, a sweater to flip and that was about it. I found baskets for the back room cabinet. Well, I found some, went to Target, found some different ones and returned the first ones.
Ellie's party was fun but a bunch of work. It was a science party and we ran through all the planned experiments and then some I didn't even plan but we had the supplies. It was nice, all the kids got along - they weren't all from school so I didn't know how that was going to go but it worked great.
This morning, Rob took Ellie to church and Nick and I stayed here. We played with trains and got dressed. It was beautiful out - so we headed out to play. When Rob and Ellie got home we all were out enjoying the day. Rob and I worked to get Nick's bookshelf complete and painted. We did it! I painted the outside and inside while Rob cut the shelves. We were able to get it up to his bedroom and organized - so much more space now.
Rob worked on the cabinet for the backroom while we went to Mom and Dad's for dinner. We ordered El Famous and Mom made a black bean, corn, pepper salad, too. The kids got to play outside because we had the extra hour of light. We came home and had bath time with the ivory soap flakes we microwaved yesterday. FYI - ivory soap grows about 500% when microwaved.
My feet are not so happy. I worked with the file and pumice in the shower today to try to soften the calluses. I think I am going to sleep well tonight with the fresh air and the amount of activity that has happened the last couple days. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment