Sunday, October 19, 2014

Happy Sweetest Day

This week seemed to be never ending. Ellie had a couple games, they won them all. They were 9-1 going into the tournament on Saturday, second place in conference. They started playing at 8:30am and had a game at 9:30 and 10:30. Rob took Ellie for the first game - they won both rounds. The second game was pretty intense, they lost the first round but won the next two. They played the first place team for the championship. The girls were tired, we could see it, but they played the best they could and had some good shots. They finished in second place in the tournament and received silver medals. Their coach treated them to Oberweis for ice cream.
I got some listing done early in the week. Did a bit of thrifting the later part of the week. I have close to 500 listings and I feel like eBay has taken over our house. That number is probably closer to 600 actual items because I have multiples of various items. I have been working to try to get all my listed items organized in a better way.
Rob and I worked on Saturday to finally put the floor back down in the laundry room. This gave me some space back and I was able to re-gain some space in that room. I have been sweeping all the tiny leaves that come into the house on everyone's shoes
Mom and Dad came over for dinner on Wednesday. We had a great fall meal with fake turkey, potato cakes, homemade applesauce and cranberry sauce, broccoli and cauliflower and brussel sprouts. Pumpkin pie and chocolates for dessert. 
Nick helped me harvest the last of our garden. I had about 6 cups of green tomatoes. We made green tomato bread with chocolate chips. It smelled great and was quite tasty.
Ellie was asked to help out with church this morning. She was in charge of lighting candles that surrounded our chairs - they were meant to represent the chariots of fire. We came home and really works on studying for her exam tomorrow. We went to Mom and Dad's for dinner. The kids had a ball with each other. Tony showed off his new smile, he had another tooth fall out. 
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment