Sunday, July 13, 2014

Come On Polar Vortex

I am really looking forward to the cooler temperatures this coming week. It is way too humid out. The kids are loving it… Water balloon fights, sprinkler, pool, squirt guns.
Thursday Ellie I took part in an asthma research project at Northwestern University. It about took the entire afternoon up… But it's worthwhile research. Mom and Nick can do Playdate well we were there. We all ran to target after we came home for a little retail therapy.
Friday Ellie woke up with a migraine that kept her close to a bucket most of the day. We did meet Jo, Ole, Tony, and Teo for a bit of afternoon minigolf. Teo was so funny… He decided it was far quicker to put his ball about an inch away from the hole and kick it in, putt it in - pretty much anything other than golfing. We went to 7-11 afterwards for our free Slurpee.
Saturday we woke up to rain. We stayed home in the morning and started to get the basement back together. Rob and I worked on getting the tiles back down in the furniture back where belongs. Not surprised that when we got to the edge we have to cut some of the tile off because they seem to grow each time. In the afternoon we were joined by mom and dad to attend a memorial service for my friend Julie's dad. It was nice to see Julie, Karlton and meet their 3 week old baby, Benjamin...wish it were for social reasons. We came home and the kids played outside with our neighbor. Huge water balloon fights/tosses.
This morning Rob was the only one awake in time to get to church. Ellie helped me package up all my ebay items. I had about 25 items sell at the end of my auctions. I got some laundry done and the closet organized. Ellie and I ran to the farmers market but most things were too much money. We went to Mom and Dad's for dinner. Mom made a pasta pot with some of her farm veggies, chick'n patties, dip and veggies, cabbage, and fruit. The kids rushed outside afterwards for a squirt gun battle. It was very fun to watch.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Truly a full weekend. It gives me such pleasure to see smiles on the kid's faces and to hear the delightful laughter! Summer...that's one of the best parts! Love ya, mom

    ReplyDelete