Sunday, June 8, 2014

Fast Times

Time seems to be flying by in this first week of June but last few days of school. I did some shopping on Thursday. I loaded up in Glenview for the 75% off sale. Mom joined me on Friday to rummage and garage sale. We both had fun and wound up with a couple things. We tried out the new grocery store in Glenview...a bit pricey but clean. Friday night we went to Relay for Life. This year was superhero themed, so survivors got purple capes with a giant 'S'. We got to visit with some friends. We had dinner and cake, walked a couple laps, and the kids played in the field.
Saturday we divided, the boys were picked up by Dad and they went fishing. Ellie and I headed downtown to Northwestern. Ellie had her follow up fMRI and she wanted to do some looking around in the stores. I got a couple quiet hours to start the new book I checked out. We had lunch in the hospital before heading home. The kids played out in the yard. We did a later afternoon run to Kohl's. We left with shoes for everyone. Ellie found a couple pairs of gym shoes and a pair of sandals, Nick has sandals, Rob has new gym shoes, me too.we had dinner at the train Culvers but sadly, no train was running.
Today we slept in but made it to church. The kids played in the park for a little bit after. We came home and cleaned up. I was able to reorganize all my piles of stuff to list. Nick and Rob vacuumed and cleaned out our cars. Ellie worked in her room. We went for Family Sunday at Mom and dad's. Mom had made a bunch of summer salads and ordered chicken for the ones who still eat it. It was a bit too cool for the kids to play outside but they dressed up and had a musical parade for us.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment