Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Bye Bye June

Where oh where has the month of June gone? I cannot believe we are about to turn the page of the calendar to July. This week started the kids science camp. Nick is in a future innovators… Making catapults, bridges, tunnels. Ellie is in App Builder... Designing apps for mobile devices. Both of them seem to be having a great time.
It's been a lovely week and the kids of been able to stay up later to catch fireflies at night. Have quite the Discovery Zone happening in the yard. The basement is pretty much back to normal, however, the rubber tiles didn't align when we put them back in. We did our first check in at the library for the summer reading program the kids got to spin the wheel and win a prize.
I've been able to do a couple dozen listings since we've been home. We've reached the slow, slow,  slow summer sales time. Everyone is off on vacation and outside enjoying the weather… Not shopping on the Internet.
Mom and dad came for Wednesday night dinner. Mom brought lettuce and beets from her farm box. I made chicken scallopini, noodles, broccoli and cauliflower, and berries. Speaking of berries… Just learned this week that our service berry tree, in front, is edible. The berries that the birds love, taste similar to a blueberry. Needless to say, I have picked the entire tree. I made some jam and I was able to freeze a bag for muffins when the weather cools off.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Loved those service berries. Loved those beets, too! Great meal, thanks!Yes, it's hard to believe that July is upon us. Reminds me that I must get the Family email out! I fell when we got home...very lucky that I didn't puncture my back on the bushes I broke...yes, after crying, it was one of those falls that made me laugh! Let me know about the morning. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete