Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Running Around

Summer break? I guess I wasn't thinking of all the running round involved in multiple camp lesson locations. Monday morning we all woke up with just enough time to get a quick bite to eat and get dressed before we ran out the door to the kids swim lessons. They both did great and I am so happy that we signed them up. We left and went to Mariano's to grocery shop. The kids got their gelato and it kept them quiet while we shopped. We got home and made lunch. Ellie and I had a little time to read. We got in the car and I dropped them at North for Science Camp. They knew a few friends there and Rob brings them home when he gets off work. I came home and did my Just Dance workout. I ran to Kohl's to pick Rob up some new pants. I tried on about 2 dozen bras. My favorite bra is no longer made and I need to find a replacement. 2 dozen and you might think one would have worked but no, none did. My one Imerman friend had her take down surgery and her husband posted that it all went fine and she was recovering. When the kids got home they played outside for a bit with our neighbors and we talked about going to the library. Rob and I were sitting outside talking when Nick came towards us crying and hysterical. Our neighbors just had a fence installed and Nick didn't want to ask for help so he decided to climb over the fence and he got stuck at the top and fell. He had a huge purple spot instantly on his upper ribs. We rushed inside to ice it and he said he was having trouble breathing - no wonder I have white hair. He took a shower and felt better. We went to the library to check out some new books and then came home to cook dinner. Ellie helped me make a quick Mexican dinner.
Tuesday was more of the summer routine. Ellie passed her level 6 swim test and moved up to level 7. She is cruising in the pool, so proud of her. Nick is in competition with another little boy in his level, not sure if it is productive or not. We came home after swimming to have some relaxation time. Ellie and I read, we did Just Dance, had lunch and were on our way to North. I dropped them and went thrifting. Ellie has one suit that fits for swimming - she is now in ladies sizes. I started at Land End Outlet but couldn't find anything. I went to Salvation and found a couple shirts for me, some wiffle balls for the yard, a super cute pair of Birkenstock shoes and a scooter for Ellie to use at Mom's house. Rob had a dentist appointment and a co-workers going away party so the kids and I decided to go to Mom and Dad's for dinner. We brought with some of our freshly picked lettuce and some veggies. Nick tried our lettuce and liked it. The kids got in some playtime at the park after dinner.
Today was more of the same. Swimming lesson in the morning. Ellie was cruising with her frog legs and Nick looks like he is almost ready to test and move to the next level. We came home after and I did Just Dance while the kids watched a movie. We had lunch and then Ellie and I read for a bit. I dropped them at North for camp. I was on a mission for ingredients for desserts for tomorrow night. We are heading to Dean's house to meet up with Rob's Mom (she just arrived this afternoon from Florida) for dinner and we are bringing dessert. We are trying out 2 new recipes - carrot cake rice krispie bars and mile high banana split pie, I'll let you know how they turn out. I got home and there was a a message from Imerman - I had been matched again. I took a couple minutes to email and call my new match. I went out and did some work in the garden and then did a couple quick house projects. I cleaned the top of the fridge and cleaned up the kitchen. I went out on the upstairs deck and swept and noticed there was standing water in the gutters. I pulled up the hose and worked to get all the pesky leaves and seed down the gutters and clear it up. I washed the cushions off for the deck. Rob and the kids got home and wanted to go to the pool but we were under a severe weather storm watch and I told them no. They set up the sprinkler and went in that for a while until the sky turned dark and lightening started. We came in and I started dinner. We had tons of fruit and veggies and I made some of the vegan chicken patties. Ellie was my helper for the desserts. She mixed, measured, stirred, and assembled. The kids were so frightened by the storms tonight. I am not sure if it has to do with all the news coverage lately about storm devastation or what but they were both jumpy. As I am writing this, now, the rain has picked up again and it is flashing and loud thundering out. Ellie lost her first molar at camp today - she was so happy, it has been bugging her. Rob and I watched the Hawks game tonight - I am still watching it because of the ridiculous overtime.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment