Monday, October 15, 2012

Busy Weekend

It has been a very busy weekend. Sunday was non stop excitement for us. We began the morning at church. We were one of the sets of parents for Sunday school. We were in charge on Nick's group this week. Fun to see how the kids think. Rob's brother and family were in town this past week, so they met us at church. After church we were able to play at the park for a little while before the rain began. Nick and Natalie climbed to the top of all the equipment and Ellie and Carson sat around and watched. Poor Ellie, the weather changes  have caught up with her head and she wasn't feeling well today. She was very tired and cold.
We went to lunch at Panera. Great to find a place where everyone can find something they like. It was lovely to visit and catch up with Norm and Lonna. The kids made the most of the paper menus and by the end we had paper airplanes and a re-vamped menu.
We made a stop in at Target to pick up a couple things. Amazingly, I was able to remember all the miscellaneous things on my list at home. We continued on to Wagner Farms. It was the Kellogg Center's reunion. It was a very unique event. Only about 40 families there at the farm. Many activities and craft projects for the kids to do. Really nice fruit kabobs and treats. An intimate tour of the basement because the tornado sirens started up. We were instructed we needed to all move into the stairwells and then into a small hallway in the basement. We were there for about 20 minutes. There were kids crying, adults in a panic...but we, at least, had just gotten ice cream and had some emergency food provisions. We were finally given the all clear and went upstairs and met Margaret. It was nice to catch up and not be hurried by an appointment. By the time we left, Ellie was really not feeling well.
We went to Mom and Dad's house for family Sunday. The GGs were just pulling in when we got there. Mom had a nice Italian menu - pasta, pizza, salad, green beans and fruit. Ellie took comfort on the couch with a blanket. Jo, Ole and the boys didn't come because Jo wasn't feeling well. We had nice company and good conversations. We left early to get the kids home into a hot bath and to bed early. By the time I took Ellie's temperature it was well over 102. I am predicting a sick day tomorrow.
Saturday morning we were all up early. I began the day at Salvation for the 69 cent sale. I cannot believe I spent over an hour at the store but I did and left with 3 garbage bags full of clothes. I picked up the kids and we went to a couple rummage sales. Found some miscellaneous things but not too much. We stopped at Mom and Dad's on the way back home so the kids could show off their treasures.
We had a major clean up and organization of the basement during the afternoon. I really need space to be able to stockpile some clothing purchases - other than the living room. We were able to clear off the rack right by the laundry tub - this will allow me maybe 4-5 bins. I was able to clear off the counter adjacent to the dryer for folding and storing, too. We worked on both closets in the basement and got boxes and bags worth of papers filed away into appropriate folders. I got both closets organized so I know exactly what is in them.
Ellie and I ran to Morton Grove Salvation int he afternoon to check if any yellow tag items were left. Ellie was able to find a couple shirts she liked and I was able to fins a couple things to flip. We picked up a couple pizzas and a bag of salad on the way home for dinner. The kids played while I got dinner ready. We all watched the Food Network after dinner for the Halloween Wars.
Thursday was a blur. Ellie stayed home from school. We thought it was a migraine but in retrospect maybe she has had some bug this entire time. I was able to get some things listed and was able to leave her to run to the post office and later to school for a meeting. I met with the school psychologist about their discoveries into Ellie's work. The good news is that Ellie is doing so well in school this term that no one believes she has a learning disability. She has improved to almost her end of the year goal line in reading over the last 6 weeks. What we are moving ahead with is a 504 Plan which will allow all her teachers a "blueprint" on what adaptations are available to Ellie for testing and classwork. I really felt good about this meeting and finally felt heard.
Friday was more thrifting and listing. I hit Unique first thing in the morning and left with such good things that I came home and listed the new tagged items immediately. Friday night, Rob took the kids to the football game at North and I went grocery shopping. The kids really enjoyed the game - Ellie helped out in concessions and Nick ran the field. I enjoyed taking my time shopping.
Feeling good! A pleasure to be able to scoot around like we did this weekend and not feel bad. Visualizing my continually healing and healthy body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. So, are you trying to wean us? Your few, faithful followers who use your life as fuel? People really do read your posts...you just don't provide a regularly scheduled posting anymore. I do like your updated "About Me". Thanks for living in Cake Ball Landia today....I think it was great for Ellie. Can't wait to see the results. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete