Sunday, October 21, 2012

Busy & Productive Week

So, I forgot to blog on Wednesday...and then subsequent days, too. All I would have shared about the first part of the week is that I took the kids to the doctor on Tuesday night for their asthma check ups. Ellie is now 5 feet tall and Nick is 3'9". After their doctor heard Nick has been taking his inhalers for a month and has had an on/off fever for the past few weeks she decided he probably had a mild pneumonia and prescribed an antibiotic. Being that Nick has had allergic reactions before I decided to not give him the first does until the next day so I could monitor him. We have to follow up with his allergist in a few weeks because he has to be re-evaluated. Happy to report that Nick had his last dose this evening and has had no reaction to the Z-pack.
I was able to be pretty productive at home this week. I got the entire first floor cleaned up and organized while the kids were at school. I got Halloween decorations up inside the house, too. We worked yesterday morning upstairs. We cleaned out Rob's closet and got a bag of clothes to donate. I was able to get Nick's clothes that are too big up on the top shelf of Rob's closet. Ellie cleaned her room and I helped her get under her bed organized.
We moved the kids books out of their room and into the bookshelf Rob had built in the hallway. That gave both of them a couple more shelves in their rooms for their things. I was able to get all the beds flipped and new sheets on them.
Ebay has been keeping me busy. I had a stellar day on Thursday at a rummage sale. I needed more hands. I ended up with 4 bags of clothing for just over $30. I was able to organize all my shipping envelopes and tape into the cabinet in the backroom and get it off the dining room table.
Mom and Dad had fall family fest yesterday and had all the family over. It was great to see everyone and even more fun to watch the kids all play together. It was nice enough to be able to be outside with the fire pit going. Nick would participate in our family costume...we were going as circus performers but he backed out and wanted to be Superman. Mom had great fall food - mac and cheese, chili, corn pudding and salad. Ellie made cake pops which turned into donut holes because we couldn't get the sticks to stick.
Today we started off at church and then did a quick grocery shop afterwards. Dean, Lauren and the girls came over in the afternoon. It was beautiful day today and we sat outside and visited. The kids decorated mini pumpkins and played around. The kids and I went to Mom and Dad's for dinner while Rob stayed here and mowed the lawn and created a jumbo pile of leaves.
Oh, I forgot, Ellie had a special thing happen on Friday. Every year there are a couple books that the kids can read and vote which is their favorite. Ellie read the most books from the list last year and was selected to be one of the children at school who could attend a author meet and greet at school. She was able to get her book autographed by the authors and got an hour tutorial on cartooning from the author - pretty cool.
Visualizing my continually healing and healthy body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment